Honor Your Parents
Passage: Ephesians 6:1-4, Proverbs 15:31-33
I. What Does the Command Demand?
II. Why Should Children Honor Their Parents?
III. How Do We Honor Our Parents?
- What is honor? What does the command not demand from us?
- Where in your relationship with your parents is it challenging to honor them? Why?
- Why would God make this command one of the 10 commandments; what is its significance to have this much weight?
- What is the significance in believing and trusting in God's approval and unconditional love for you when it comes to honoring your parents?
- If you are a parent, how would you rate yourself in instructing and discipling your children? Where is it easier for you to make your children angry, exasperate them, or ignore them?
- If you are a parent, what are some things you can do to make it a joy for your children to honor you?