Elizabeth: A Lesson in Hope
Passage: Luke 1:5-15, 18-20, 57-58, 67-79
*Unfortunately there was a technical error and the audio is not available*
Why does the angel Gabriel react so strongly to Zechariah’s lack of faith? What is cynicism? Why is it such a big deal?
At the end of the story, Zechariah is singing. What changed? What is hope? How does hope help you to live with joy and peace in the present?
III. CHRISTMAS GRACE
How does Christmas help you hold on to hope?
1. Recall our definition of cynicism. Where are you cynical? Why is cynicism easier than hope?
2. Was the angel Gabriel too harsh with Zechariah? Why is cynicism such a big deal?
3. What is hope? Why is it so hard to hold on to hope?
4. What kind of story does Christmas tell? Why is it important that these stories are history? How does that help you face whatever lack you’re experiencing in your life?
5. What is the happily-ever-after your heart most longs for?