God Waits for Our Waiting
September 19, 2021 Speaker: Drew Bennett Series: Isaiah: Comforting the Disturbed | Disturbing the Comfortable
Passage: Isaiah 40:25-31, Isaiah 30:15-18
“There are moments when doing nothing is precisely the gospel thing to do.” – Eugene Peterson
II. WORKING NOT WAITING
“All of us are haunted by the work under our work.”– Tim Keller
III. GOD WAITING ON OUR WAITING
“The wrong inference from God’s transcendence is that he is too great to care; the right one is that he is too great to fail.” – Derek Kidner
- Do the words "faint" and "weary" resonate with you? Where do you feel them most in your life right now?
- According to the Bible, the cure for our weariness is to wait on the Lord. What does it look like to wait on God? What do you do instead of waiting?
- What wrong thoughts about God do you live with that make it hard to wait on Him?
- Read Isaiah 40:12-26 and Isaiah 30:18. What is Isaiah's argument for why you should live in "quietness and trust" before God? What is God really like? How does Jesus reveal God's true heart?
- Specifically, how can you repent and believe in light of who God really is?