The Next Thing
Passage: Hebrews 11:30-31
I. FAITH LOOKS EXTRAORDINARY
II. FAITH LOOKS ORDINARY
III. FAITH LOOKS TO JESUS
1. What most often short-circuits your life of following God in faith? (Fear of the unknown? Fear of others’ disapproval? Idol of control? Unbelief?)
2. The author highlights Rahab’s great act of faith simply as giving the spies “a friendly welcome” (v31). Does that encourage you? Why?
3. Do you see the “ordinary” roles, tasks, and responsibilities that God has given you as holy? Why or why not?
4. Steve Childers said, “God takes pleasure in pouring out his power on those who dare to align radically their purposes with His.” What might that look like in your life?
5. Where do you need courage and persevering faith right now? How does looking to Jesus, "the Captain of our salvation" (Hebrews 2:10) help you in that?