Passage: Hebrews 11:29, Exodus 14:10-14
DOCTRINE: You won't know God is all you need until He's all you have.
APPLICATION: SEE the salvation of the Lord!
APPLICATION: Life-strategy: Be still!
Eugene Peterson, Leap Over a Wall
A.W. Pink, Gleanings from Exodus
Charles Spurgeon sermon, "Direction in Dilemma"
1. Where in your life do you need God to fight for you?
2. Why is it so hard to do nothing?
3. Discuss the difference between doing nothing because of cynicism (cf. Ex 14:11) and doing nothing as an act of faith.
4. The Psalmist says, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). How do you do that? What action is involved in being still?
5. What do you have to know about God in order to be still? What does the gospel reveal to be true of him, so that, if you believe it, it will calm and quiet your soul (cf. Psalm 131:2)?