Love in a Time of Fear
Passage: 1 John 3:16-28, 1 John 4:7-11, 1 John 4:18-21, Galatians 5:22-23
I. NEED FOR LOVE
The opposite of love is fear.
II. DEFINITION OF LOVE
This is love! Seeing. Compassion. Action.
III. POWER FOR LOVE
We love because God first loved us.
- Where do you see fear running rampant in the world right now? What about you? Where have you been overcome by fear?
- The opposite of fear is love. Discuss that concept together.
- Connect your fear to unbelief? How are you failing to know and rely on God's love for you in the places where you're afraid?
- Faith energizes love (cf. Gal 5:6). But what is love? What are some of the wrong definitions of love? How does John define love?
- Love is: seeing => compassion => action. Where do you get stuck in this pattern of loving?
- Where does love come from? How do you grow in love?