A Preparing People
Passage: Matthew 25:1-13
I. THE DELAYED BRIDEGROOM
II. THE FOOLISH BRIDESMAIDS
III. THE WISE BRIDESMAIDS
- Share a time when you were unprepared for something. How did that go?
- Discuss what it’s like to prepare for something. How soon do you start beforehand? How does getting ready reveal what we value?
- What are some of the things that cause you to say, 'Yes Jesus I want you to return, but not before this, not before I experience that.' What does this reveal to you about your priorities? What does it reveal to you about what you believe eternity will be like?
- In this parable the groom is “delayed” in arriving. How does that help us wait for Jesus’ return?
- It was only “those who were ready” that “went in with him to the marriage feast” (Matt. 25:10). In what ways would your life change if you were to live with a greater sense of “readiness” for Jesus’ return?