A Forgiving People
Passage: Matthew 18:21-35
I. SEVENTY TIMES SEVENTY
Christians a) expect sin and b) are ready with forgiveness. Not just one time, but over and over and over again.
II. NATIONAL DEBT
Unforgiveness is bad math.
III. FORGIVE TO FORGIVE
Forgiveness comes to you on its way to somebody else.
- Is there someone you need to forgive? If so, share as much of the story as you feel comfortable sharing.
- What’s the hang-up? Why is forgiveness so hard?
- Do you think of yourself as a big sinner or a little sinner? Be honest. Give the real answer not the right answer.
- “Unforgiveness is bad math.” What does that mean? How are forgiveness and faith connected? (Or the negative. How are unforgiveness and unbelief connected?)
- What does repentance look like? How do you need to think differently about the situation where forgiveness is needed? If you began to think differently, what would change?