Do Not Fear Fear
Passage: Exodus 19:1-6, 16-20, 23-24, Exodus 20:18-21, Hebrews 12:18-19, 22-24, 28-29
I. THE LAW IS GIVEN
Freedom is a matter of being a slave to the right master.
II. THE FEAR COMES OUT
If you fear God rightly, you won’t fear anything else.
III. THE MEDIATOR GOES DOWN
We have to go through Jesus to get to God. God has to go through Jesus to get to us.
- If you had a “free day” how would you spend it? What would you do?
- How do we typically define freedom? How did we change the definition in the sermon? What is the Bible’s definition of true freedom?
- What is the fear of the Lord? What is it not?
- Read Psalm 130:3-4 and discuss.
- In the sermon we said that you have to go through Jesus to get to God. What are the practical implications of that truth?
- We also said that God has to go through Jesus to get to you. What are the practical implications of that truth? How does it help you fear God in the right way?