Passage: Exodus 16:1-31
I. DAILY BREAD
Life with God is daily dependence.
II. NOT BREAD ALONE
“Day by day” practices of dependence display and deepen faith.
III. BREAD OF LIFE
Jesus is the Bread of Life.
- Read Deuteronomy 8:1-5 together. What strikes you? What is the pattern of the way God leads his people?
- Where are you living “day by day”?
- Faith is viewing your circumstances in light of who God is and what He does. Unbelief is allowing your circumstances to impact the way you think about who God is and what He is doing.
- Review the Exodus 16 passage. What’s hard about it? What’s most comforting?
- What are your habits of sabbath? Do you find it hard to take a break from work? If so, why?
- Jesus is the Bread of Life. How does knowing that help you trust God for daily bread?