Who is the Lord?
Passage: Exodus 3:13-15, Exodus 5:1-2, Exodus 6:1-2, 6-7, 9, Exodus 7:1-5, Exodus 9:13-16
I. WHO IS YHWH?
We disobey because we don’t properly know God. Both pride and fear are unknowing.
II. THE TRUE GOD
The “why” of everything God does is to make Himself known. It’s the greatest good He has to give.
III. KNOWING AND BEING KNOWN
Knowing God is being known by God.
- What is your emotional reaction to the story of the plagues? What questions does it raise?
- Talk about Pharaoh’s hard heart. How can you react to God like Pharaoh?
- Talk about Israel’s despair and cynicism. How can you be like Israel?
- What do you learn about God from what He does in the plagues? How does what you learn help you to obey him?
- God is mighty to save! He has the power and the heart to save his people. How do you see both his power and his heart in this story? How does what happens here take you to Jesus?