Blessed to Be a Blessing
Passage: Psalm 67:1-7
“When we look at creation, by virtue of God’s ownership of us, we ought to give. When we look at the Fall, by virtue of the power of riches over my heart, we need to give. When we look at Redemption, by virtue of God’s saving works for someone like me, we want to give.” -Tim Keller
“God richly provides us with everything to enjoy” (1 Tim 6:17).
“He comes to make His blessings flow far as the curse is found.”
Every blessing comes to us on its way to someone else.
- Read 1 Tim 6:17 together. “God richly provides us with everything to enjoy” (1 Tim 6:17). How can we glorify God in our abundance?
- If the world is both cursed and being redeemed, what can we expect from life? What are the two dangers we must try to avoid?
- Do you ever pray for God to bless you – like Psalm 67? If not, why not? How do you avoid the error of prosperity gospel teaching in asking God to bless you?
- How has God dealt with the curse of sin? How is it that God can bless us?
- Why does God promise to bless us? Why should we pray for Him to bless us? What are we supposed to do with whatever financial and material abundance He gives to us?