More is Less
Passage: Luke 12:15-23, Luke 12:30-34
I. POSSESSIONS ABOUNDING
More is often less.
II. FAITH (NOT) ABOUNDING
Why you give (or don’t give) is far more important than what you give (or don’t give).
III. GRACE ABOUNDING
The Father gives generously, so give generously!
- What does it mean (practically) to seek first the kingdom? How did we define righteousness in the sermon? What does it look like to seek righteousness with your money and possessions?
- If you were the rich man in Jesus’ parable, what would you do? Be honest.
- The problem with greed is that, unlike other sins, it hides itself. The only way to know if you struggle with greed is to let other people in. Are you living in community in the area of finances? Do you talk to anybody about how much you make and how much you give? If not, why not?
- What are you most anxious about? How do you look to money to help you be less anxious? Is it working?
- Do you believe God is a Giver or a Taker? How does the gospel help you have the right view of what God is like? How can you help one another towards a deeper faith in His goodness and grace?