We have transitioned to ONE worship service Sundays at 10am. Childcare is available through fifth grade.
Redeemer is a sponsoring church for a local MOPS Group. M.O.P.S. stands for “Mothers of Preschoolers.” There are more than 3900 MOPS groups meeting across the United States and in 35 countries around the world. MOPS groups meet regularly to celebrate the joys of motherhood and to encourage each other through the challenges.
What is a MOPS Group?
MOPS groups are communities that strive to meet the needs of every mom with children from birth through kindergarten. MOPS recognizes that moms all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be. MOPS groups can help!
The MOPS program is built on several foundational principles:
- Community: MOPS provides an open, caring, and accepting atmosphere where women can come together to share this important season of life.
- Mentoring: Mature women listen, encourage, and offer information and perspectives gained through experience.
- Practical Instruction: Teaching focuses on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information that is relevant to the life of a mother.
- Leadership Development: MOPS groups are organized and run by mothers of preschoolers, as well as for mothers of preschoolers. Women who are involved in MOPS gain confidence in their leadership skills through the training and experience they receive from MOPS.
The above principles can be carried out through different aspects of the MOPS group:
- Discussion: The intimate and accepting atmosphere of a small group offers moms a chance to share their successes, failures, questions, and concerns. It is during these times that a mom realizes that she is not alone, and lifelong friendships are formed.
- Teaching: Topics presented at MOPS meetings celebrate motherhood and meet a mom’s unique needs during this season of life.
- Creative Activities: Through creative projects and presentations, women are encouraged to experience the sense of accomplishment that comes with trying and finishing new things.
MOPS Kids: During our MOPS meetings, children are cared for in a program called MOPS Kids, where they experience love in a preschool-like setting.
When: MOPS of Redeemer meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month, 9:15 – 11:25am during the months of September through May.
Who: Our group consists of Moms from all around the area, some who attend other churches and some who do not attend a church at all. All are welcome to our group.
Contact: For further information or questions, please contact one of our Mentor Moms:
Terrie Crabtree - 765.465.1515
Debbi Crosby – 863.604.4091
Sally Goodwill – 863.325.5200
Michelle Thayer - 863.287.1862
Susan Walker – 863.412.1163