The Upside-Down Kingdom
Passage: Luke 13:22–13:30, Luke 6:20–6:23
- How do the priorities and values of the world conflict with priorities and values of God’s kingdom? Give some specific examples from Mary’s song in Luke 1:46-55 and the sermon passages.
- What is the significance of the image of the “narrow door” (Luke 13:24)? How do you get into the kingdom?
- Who gets in the kingdom? What kinds of people is God opposed to? What kinds of people does He promise to work for? How is this “good news” (i.e. gospel)?
- Our response to God’s work should be joy- joy like Mary’s joy. Are you joyful? How can you “catch” joy?
- Pray for one another and ask God to give you joy!